Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy 2010!

Happy 2010! It’s that time of year once again when people promise themselves that this is the year that they are going to stick to their resolutions. Many of these resolutions seem to make the list year after year, but unfortunately tend to get lost by the wayside rather quickly. Lose weight, exercise more, eat healthier foods, stop smoking, blog consistently… well, you know the list. I will admit that I have been guilty of making these repetitive lists myself. (In fact, I’m pretty sure that all of these except stop smoking were on my list for 2009!)


As many of you are aware, 2009 turned out to be a very stressful year for me, and because of this, many of my good intentions that I made at the beginning of the year (including consistent blogging!) ended up getting neglected and forgotten. Although I wouldn’t want anyone to have to struggle with the issues that fell upon me, reflecting on them now I feel I’m starting to become a stronger person because of them. Because of them, I have come to realize a most valuable life lesson; true friends and family do not judge you by the actions of others; rather they support you for who YOU are. They don’t take sides. They don’t abandon you. They intuitively know just when you need a little extra support and are there for you. For this I want to say thank you. You know who you are. Without the love and care and support of so many friends and family I don’t know that I would feel quite as confident in myself yet. Oh, I’m sure more issues will continue to crop up in 2010, but I know now that with the caring support system that is out there for me I will be able to face any issues with dignity and respect to myself.

And while ‘lose weight, exercise more, and eat healthier foods’ may continue to get added to next year’s resolution list, I am going to try my hardest to turn ‘blog consistently’ into a habit rather than just another meaningless item on list after list. And now I wish you success with your 2010 resolutions!

1 comment:

Christy P - Biggest Fan said...

You said it!!! Although I completely reserve the right to chose sides!!!! Awesome picts, I love the lollipop. I have a photo from Philly that Amanda is holding a lollipop bigger than her head!! I'll try to remember my computer to show it to you on Sat!!

Resolution! Put your oxygen mask on before anyone elses!! If you don't save yourself! You can't save anyone else! Take time for you!! You are a very special person who deserves the best! Always!! Others need to figure that out! 2010 might just be the best for you ever!!! I'm betting on it!!